Key Things Product Marketers need to Address in a Product Marketing Brief
Smartsheet Product Marketing Template
Smartsheet.com Product Marketing template
Product Marketing involves more than just supporting the Marketing and Product Management teams. Product Marketers serve Marketing, Sales, and Product teams. Each team has different needs and responsibilities. However, they all play a role in growing the business and serving customers.
Just as Marketing has a plan or brief, Product Marketing does.
Here are nine things to address in a Product Marketing Brief.
- What does your company do? Does your product offering align with your business goals?
- What are the features of your product? Do others understand what you are building and why?
- Does this Product address gaps in the Market? Include an overview of a Competitive and SWOT analysis.
- Who is your ideal customer or target market? Include an overview of findings of demographic, psychographic, and buyer persona research. Does your product solve customer pain points?
- How will you measure product success?
- What are can go wrong? Can failure be anticipated and corrected?
- What is the roadmap and schedule of the product? Who’s responsible and in charge?
- Who needs to be included in the project and who needs to approve deliverables?
- How will goals be tracked? How often will they be monitored? What insights are you trying to glean from the data?
As a Product Marketer, how do you know if you are successful?
Comment and share.